- identifying their own organisational development needs
- managing and sustaining an effective response to those needs
- recognising and learning from good practice elsewhere.
The project defines Organisational Development as a set of explicit processes carefully planned and implemented to benefit the performance of the organisation as a whole.
Led by Professor José Chambers, Chair of the national Organisational Development in Higher Education group, the project involved an online survey, face-to-face interviews in a cross-section of HEIs, liaison with relevant professional organisations and comparison with findings from related work. The resultant materials include:
- An online directory of OD activity, tools and approaches in participating institutions
- Enhancing OD (PDF)
Updates and additions to the Directory
We will invite participating institutions to review and update their details held in the Directory on an annual basis. However, if you would like to update your Directory entry in the meantime, please ask the key institutional contact (shown in your Directory entry) to send an email with updated details to Louise Taylor. Please also contact Louise if your institution is not yet featured in the Directory, but would like to be so.
The project team comprised:
- Professor José Chambers, The University of Winchester (Project Director)
- Dr Lesly Huxley, The University of Bristol / The Leadership Foundation
- Professor Bob Thackwray, The Leadership Foundation
- Professor Philip Sullivan, De Montfort University Leicester
The team is participating in a range of dissemination events and follow-up activities and would be pleased to respond to further invitations to present and discuss the project outcomes and their implications for the development of universities and the roles of key players in organisational development and change.
Please contact José Chambers in the first instance.